The camera features in Apple's new iPhone have been improved greatly – a huge win for anyone who uses their phone as a camera, whether for keeping memories, taking professional photos or just to create great art work. The new iPhone remains completely compatible with both our panorama and standard prints, and it's now even easier for you to capture those amazing scenes for your wall!
OverviewThe latest addition to the iPhone range features a new "iSight" camera with a larger sensor, built in filter effects and a unique two colour flash. The panorama mode also has adaptive live metering across the frame (this measures and adjusts the brightness across the whole subject, in multiple areas of the frame, rather than as a whole). It's clear from the outset that Apple are highlighting the camera capabilities in this model (the camera remains available right from the lock screen) and that can only be a good thing – especially if you normally carry an expensive camera as well as your iPhone whilst out and about. Here are the main features that we love;
- The camera is much more responsive than previous incarnations, and also loads faster
- In good light, images appear very crisp
- In low light shots are amazing – thanks in part to the dual colour flash
- There are a plethora of new features including slow motion video and an improved burst mode
- Most importantly, the panorama mode is much improved…
Taking Panoramas with the iPhone 5sBeing specialists in panorama prints, we're extremely impressed with the iPhone's new panorama functionality. Here's an overview of the improvements;
- Extremely fast capture rate of 30 frames per second
- Improved user interface and ease of use
- Stitching is improved to the point where it is virtually impossible to ever notice any "stitches"
- Dynamic auto exposure